Enrollment and Tuition
Phillips Studio is a tuition-based Suzuki Piano School. Students enroll a year at a time, Sept.-June.
Participation is required in both weekly private lessons and periodic class/ensemble lessons.
Annual tuition is divided into 10 equal installments, payable monthly, Sept.-June.
No tuition is paid in July or Aug., unless the student opts to take additional summer lessons.
Fees for the new year are due in June and August.
Tuition is prorated for students entering the program mid-year.
Each Bundle Includes
- Minimum of 35 private lessons
- Minimum of 7 class lessons, spread throughout the year
- One or more performing opportunities (recitals)
- On-going teacher-parent communication and parent education
Choosing a Bundle
First-Year and Book 1 Students (Also ages 3-4 moving more rapidly than average)
- 40-min. individual lessons
- 50-60 min. class lessons
- Annual tuition: $1,800
- Monthly payment (10 installments): $180
- Optional single lessons: $48
Book 2 -3 Students (Also Book 1 students moving more rapidly or more slowly than average)
- 50-min. individual lessons
- 60-70 min. class lessons
- Annual tuition: $2,100
- Monthly payment (10 installments): $210
- Optional single lessons: $57
Book 4+ Students (Also Book 2-3 students moving more rapidly or slowly than average)
- 60-min. individual lessons
- 75-90 min. class lessons
- Annual tuition: $2,300
- Monthly payment (10 installments): $230
- Optional single lessons: $65
3rd Sibling (Third or subsequent Suzuki piano sibling with successful, veteran Suzuki piano parent)
- 20-min. individual lessons
- 30-50 min. class lessons
- Annual tuition: $1,200
- Monthly payment (10 installments): $120
- Optional single lessons: $33
Early Childhood (Ages 3-4 or any student not yet focused enough for standard instruction)
- 30-min. individual lessons
- 30-50 min. class lessons
- Annual tuition: $1,500
- Monthly payment (10 installments): $150
- Optional single lessons: $40
- We will create a package which meets your needs.
Discounts and Rebates Available for 2020-21 Year
Daytime: 10% off for a student who can come early enough to finish his lesson by 2:30 PM
Listening: Earned during summer (thru Sept. 30); $60/student rebate to follow in the fall.
You may earn both the discount and the rebate if they apply to your situation.
Additional Fees and Costs
Annual registration fee due August 15: $30 new student; $20 returning student. Non-refundable.
Annual enrollment deposit due June 15 or August 15: $75/student. Holds place. Will be refunded after Sept. tuition is paid.
Annual materials deposit due August 15: $75/yr./student or more as needed. If funds remain when student leaves studio, balance is refundable.
Participation fees (for recitals, evaluations, parent education, etc.): Nominal. Will be collected as needed.
Purchase/rental of third-party equipment and services: acoustic piano, adjustable bench, foot rests, piano tunings.
Late fee: $15 for tuition received after the 7th of the month.
Early withdrawal (Oct-May): $100 fee if student’s departure negatively impacts his ensemble partner(s).